Friday, August 17, 2012

Starting Preschool

Lukas first day of school is the 27th of this month. My little boy is finally going to preschool school something i have wanted him to do since last year.  If i would have known he would have gotten into the program last year i would have done it.  I was going to send him to a christian preschool last year but it cost a $100 a month which i thought was reasonable, but the big man did not think so. So i sent him to a class for a few months so he could get an idea of what preschool would be about.  He liked it so I knew he will be fine in preschool.
Sending him to preschool does make me happy.  Happy that he will be learning from someone other than me, happy that he will be getting what he really needs help with.  Happy that he will be making friends that don't like 30 mins away.
Every parent is scared to send their kid off to school especially public school. I know for me their is a fear that the kids he meets might be a bad influence or he will get into problem.  He seems to be more of a follower like his Daddy so it kinda scares me that he will fit into the wrong crowd and do what he is not supposed to.  We will have to pray every day before school that he will make the right decisions and that the kids he meets will be the right fit for him.  He is going to be in crete monee school district probably not the best but for his age it's fine.
I am looking forward to the field trips and the parties.  The experiences and the memories he will be making at school.  He remembers a lot of things so i know he will remember school. I know I remember Kindergarten better than Pre k the fun things you did in school.  I will never forget the circus we put on. I was one of the announcers and since I had a loud mouth the teacher didn't have to give me the mic.  It was so much fun.

The only down side to him going to school would be me missing out on Bible study and moms group and other activities because i live so far away I would take me 45 mins to get to the meetings.  Since school starts at 8:30 and ends at 11:30 it wouldn't give me much time to do anything.  I have to drive 13 mins to his school so it is time consuming.

I love that i will be getting to spend more time with Jordan helping him grow and learn.  He is also easier to shop with so i can get things done. Jordan doesn't beg for things like Lukas.  It takes me twice as long to shop with Lukas due to him wanting stuff and having a fit. I can go for a nice walk with Jordan too, Lukas doesn't like going to walk for a long period of time.  It is sad o think of all the things I can get done with out him 2.5 hours is not enough time.

10 days till he starts school 10 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment